The London Eye
Over 200 times larger than the average bike wheel, take a trip in one of the 32 capsules (one for each of the London boroughs) of The London Eye and enjoy a 25 mile panoramic view across London and as far as Windsor Castle.
Measuring as 135m tall and wheel diameter of 120m, The London Eye is Europe’s tallest Ferris wheel, (fourth-tallest Ferris wheel in the world). Each capsule weighs 10 tonnes and can carry 25 people.
The gradual ride takes roughly 30 minutes to complete, as a result you will have more than enough time to see magnificent views across London and also get to see some of London’s most famous landmarks such as Big Ben, Houses of Parliament and St Paul’s Cathedral.
The London Eye is a fantastic day out for everyone. Families, Couples, Tourists and Locals.
Before going onboard all buggies and pushchairs must be folded completely flat with all items removed.
Below are some interesting facts about The London Eye
- The wheel rotates at 26 centimeters per second. That’s about 0.6 mph
- It was built as part of London’s millennium celebrations
- It has become one the the world’s most iconic landmarks
- The London Eye has over 3.75 million visitors annually making it the most popular paid tourist attraction in the UK
- There have been over 5000 proposals
Adults (16+): £26.00
Kids (3-5): £21.00
Under 3’s: Free
You get free entry to The London Eye if you hold a valid Merlin Pass.
Please note that opening and closing times vary thought out the year so please click here to confirm
- Riverside Building County Hall,
Westminster Bridge Road, South Bank,
Opening and Closing Hours
- Monday: 11:00 AM - 06:00 PM
- Tuesday: 11:00 AM - 06:00 PM
- Wednesday: 11:00 AM - 06:00 PM
- Thursday: 11:00 AM - 06:00 PM
- Friday: 11:00 AM - 06:00 PM
- Saturday: 11:00 AM - 06:00 PM
- Sunday: 11:00 AM - 06:00 PM